Saturday, October 28, 2006

Not much to report

After walking around quite extensively yesterday and being kept awake by a couple of Spanish yobs, today has been a quite day.


Apart from walking around the shops of Granada, we checked out the Cathedral and indulged in some Churros con Chocolat.

Having only seen Churros in Australia and not tasting them, I did not quite know what to expect. They are compared to donuts in Australia and sold individually where in Spain they are inseparable from the thick, viscous hot chocolate they are served with.


Based on the portions of sugar that come with drinks such as Coffee and Tea in Spain, I already knew they had a sweet tooth, but nothing prepared me for their hot chocolate.

The hot chocolate was off the scale for both sugar and fat and if left to go to room temperature, I am sure it would set solid. Dunking the churros left a thick coating of Chocolate on the outside giving flavour to an otherwise plain, fried dough.

Carolyn on the other hand has quite enjoyed the clothes shopping in Spain, while I haven’t really bothered. The average Spaniard is about 5’10” so even an XL or XXL is too small. I did check some food shops and stalls and picked up 4g of Spanish Saffron for 6 euros which is outstandingly cheap. Let’s just hope customs let me in with it.